Steven Covey, author of the bestselling book, « The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, » says something I live by and quote often: « Don’t prioritize your schedule, schedule your priorities. »
Here are some other top hacks I’ve learned from fellow entrepreneur friends:
- When on the phone, walk around, tidy up, clean out the fridge, fold the laundry
- Turn off all social media notifications on your phone and laptop
- Plan the next day’s outfit on your commute home
- When waiting for someone (in person or on the phone), write a to-do list or respond to old emails and texts
- Do squats while drying your hair/brushing your teeth
- Get a manicure or go for a walk with a friend (double-up your pampering and fitness with friendship catch-ups)
- Catch up on motivational podcasts while running errands, such as picking up dry-cleaning, going to the bank or pharmacy, or heading to a workout class !
- Skype loved ones while you are cooking
- Obey the two-minute rule : If you can do it in two minutes, do it on the spot ! This prevents a mammoth to-do list buildup
- Every Sunday night, spend four minutes planning the week ahead
Over to you
Look at your calendar for next week and find three things you can skip — a social event you don’t really want to go to, a workout class you can live without, an errand you can do quickly during work time. Cancel, cancel, cancel ! You’ve just found yourself some extra hustle time.
This post is an excerpt from « What If It Does Work Out? » by Susie Moore. Copyright Career Launcher LLC, 2016.
Source active : http://uk.businessinsider.com/ive-asked-dozens-of-entrepreneurs-how-they-save-time-here-are-some-of-their-best-tips-2016-8?utm_content=buffer3d0e2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer?r=US&IR=T